… with my “Wheres the mail?” layout.
This was my entry for a few challenges, which you can check out here.
I did A LOT of stuff with this page. At first I used all my paint dabbers to make a polka dot pattern and then used the same dabbers and my distress stains to make thick stripes. Well, I didn’t like the stripes, so I used gesso to cover them, as best I could. At least the gesso toned it down, which helped. Then I used some of my spray inks on the top to give a nice touch of color. I normally don’t use 4 x 6 photos, but it’s the only size I could print at home, so I printed out two copies, then angled and layered them before matting them on several patterned papers from DCWV Rockstar, Amy Tangerine, We R Memory Keepers WhiteOut, and Simple Stories Documented. I also had a leftover frame and striped patterned paper that I dyed with red Distress Stain. I also used my yellow Distress Stain on some polka dot paper, then used stencils to make several die-cuts of stars, arrows, and circles.
On the background I also layered different paper tapes and some ribbon, as well as adding some matte medium to attach a nest of different colored embroidery thread. I had used my red and blue Distress Stain on two yellow polka dot flowers. I’m not a big flower person, in a sense, so on a whim I trimmed off the tops of the petals, leaving me with a bunch of mini scallops and two pentagon shapes. I laid out the petal tips to make a scalloped border (part of the sketch). The red and blue paper ribbon is patterned paper that I applied Distress Stain to and had been sitting around. So I added some stickers/embellishments and layered under a green vellum frame.
I also added some twine in spots, as well as a couple embellishments from Amy Tangerine (love her stuff!). The postage stamp is a sticker from Simple Stories Documented. I had played with my sprays and liked it so much I cut out a square to cover the center of the stamp. I had a polka dot die-cut circle that I stamped “etc.” onto and adhered it to my layout. The yellow camera die-cut was yellow and pink, but I covered the pink with white paint, and added some feathers, and a die-cut arrow. I also had a strip of white fabric with brown polka dots. Once again playing with my Distress Stains, I made it into a rainbow piece under the photo. I also used my striped cloud stamp with paint to make my cloud die-cuts.
Phew!! I think that’s everything 😛 This is what happens when you have a lot of varied supplies and play! 🙂 If you have a question about anything, let me know!
Thanks for looking and happy scrapping!