…and think I’m starting to get the hang of it.
So I’d played around with some ribbon and paint awhile ago. I never got around to using the ribbon, which had become stiff with the gesso and paint I’d added. I had enough pieces to make an aserisk, and wanted to incorporate it into an art journal page. And this is what I ended up with.
The background is a bunch of paper scraps modpodged to the page in my composition notebook. Then I gessoed over the strips to start clean. The background is light green and yellow paint with some water to spread it around and meld the two colors together. I used my alphabet stencil with red paint, then used a nice blue with my chevron stencil. I was fairly liberal with my bubble wrap “stamp” and the purple paint, and use light blue paint through my homemade cross/x stencil to make five x’s.
Also used was a cap from a carton of egg beaters (washed before using as a stamp, of course) and orange paint. I used fabric glue to attach the ribbon strips, and did some journaling along the strips. After that, I outlined the strips, and blue x’s, and scribbled inside some orange circles.
As well as making a half sun around of the half orange circles. Finally, I grabbed my white-out pen to add chevron lines in between the blue chevron, scribbled inside some orange circles and used my TCW Mini Bricks stencil in a couple spots.
I’m entering this into the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge – Anything Goes