…is still tickled…

… to have placed in the Top 3 at Unscripted Sketches for my “time to Soar” card.

Woot!  Woot!  (Yeah, it was awhile ago, but it’s still really cool!)

So yeah, I was surprised and please to see the little display, and all I was doing was checking the next sketch out!  If you haven’t visited this blog, please do.  They’re sketches are really cool, simplistic but you can do so much, so not so simple :P!  But, yeah, I’m really loving this challenge blog.

And yes, I’ve been quiet, but I’ve been super busy!  I had a six card custom order that I just recently finished.  I’ll upload those photos in my next post.  For now, I wanted to share a layout I made quite awhile ago.  It started out as something a lot different.  The challenge was to use some paper you’d been saving, fot just the right layout.  I had a sheet of red and yellow with a yellow bird.  Now I’ll readily admit thst I tend to be protective of my yellow papers, being that it’s my favorite color.  So this was big for me.  I was attempting a new paper technique, where you make snip in the paper and pull the sides apart (like a unzippering a jacket) to reveal the paper layer underneath.  Not sure if it has a name.  So I adhered my hoarded yellow patterned paper to a sheet from DCWV Performnae paper pack, since I wanted the sheet music to show through.  So, I tried it, but it wasn’t working, so I ripped the pieces off, then inked the area along with another area and a K&Co. fabric remnant (the piece below “OF”) with my brown pigment ink.  Then I used a Studio G clear phrase stamp “I love you” with the same brown ink on the exposed area in the top left corner.

100_7367

I used a lot of K&Co. ephermera, including the copper transparency die-cuts.  The green bird was cut from another patterned paper, and I also added a piece of yellow doily.  There’s a wooden clock and butterfly from Little Yellow Bicycle; I outlined the clock with teal Adirondack paint dabber, and sprayed the butterfly with yellow mist spray (yellow craft paint mixed wth water in a Mini Mister bottle).

For the teal blue tag above, I outlined a tag on patterned paper, then used a text stamp with black ink for an allover patterns, and added my lace clear stamp (both from the Tattered Angels Rockin’ Renaissance set) with my copper pigment ink on it, added a Tim Holtz washer and bakers twine, and called it done.

100_7372

I folded some wide yellow ribbon that was a dollar bin find, and stapled it to the corner.  My intent was to staple more and make a big flower, but I like it as is.

100_7371

I used the same stamp technique on the red and blue flowers for added dimension (the flowers are from a Prima collection).  The red flower got a vintage “coin” for a center, while the blue got a tan brad.

100_7370

For the title, I used Cosmo Cricket clear and gold mini letter stickers and phrases, along with large white rub-ons.

100_7368

Enjoy and happy scrapping!

Advertisements

2 thoughts on “…is still tickled…

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s