So Punky Scraps has a couple challenges going on for July. I plan to enter both, but this one is for the challenge by Lee Thompson, which is aptly, get messy! Now I’ve gotten a little messy before, but I went a little crazy with this one, and in one sitting too! I ended up using some pieces that I’d stacked on top of each other as a “not gonna use it for this layout/project” pile. Turns out, it was a perfect combo and jumping off point.
So I started with 12×12 kraft paper that I had gessoed and was left over from another project. I added a page from the Fancy Pants Sprout collection (free from a scrapping magazine) and a 6×6 square from We R memory Keepers WhiteOut collection.
As I’m typing this I’m realizing two things. One, that my circle “I” tile is visible, but you can’t see the silver letter. two, then my little metal/glass charm I glued to my heart could be construed as an “I”. Huh, well, that was unexpected 😀 The circle tile I used is from the same set as the letters from my “my two goofs” layout.
So how did I get messy? With spray ink, acrylic paint, watercolor wax pastels, gesso, modpodge, and glitter. Oh, and some pigment stamp ink. Here are some close-ups:
Remembered something else! For another project (undetermined mostly), I stamped one of my Inkadinkado blue dye ink pads on my work mat, sprtized with water using my Mini Mister spray bottle (love these things!), the dropped the doily in and swirled it around. That’s where that lovely blue comes from. I have another larger doily with purple. Wonder what I’ll use that for….
The paper clips started out pink, but with a little gesso and paint, they’re yellow!
The heat started out as basic chipboard. I covered it with mod podge, adhered white tissue paper to it, then wrapped it with 7Gypsies clear washi tape. I really like how it turned out.
The buttons are American Crafts and the flower is a Little Yellow Bicycle wood shape that I painted with Adirondack Paint Dauber (oops, forgot that one too!). I stamped the flower with a zigzag pattern stamp and black pigment ink, then gessoed the edges, followed by a black watercolor wax crayon. The teal dots are from a technique I think I’ll be using a lot more of: bubble wrap!